The Adolescent Health Community is a virtual network of individuals with an interest in this area of practice.
The purpose is to promote the care, mental and physical well being of adolescents by:
- maintaining a body of expertise as a resource for the profession
- providing peer support
- continuing education
- facilitating a dialogue between the Royal College of Nursing and members for the purpose of consultation and working on pertinent child health issues of the day.
- To continue to actively maintain our community and its function
- To promote a high standard of care for adolescent patients
- To raise the profile of adolescent nursing
- Association for Young People’s Health (2015) Key data on adolescence
- Adolescent Health project – Useful e learning about all aspects of adolescent health supported by the Royal Colleges.
- Royal College of Nursing (2013) Adolescence Boundaries and Connections – An RCN guide for working with young people
To get involved please contact the community lead, Nina Heighington firstname.lastname@example.org