The Child and Adolescent Mental Health is a virtual network of individuals with an interest in this area of practice.
The purpose is to promote the care, mental and physical well being of adolescents by:
- maintaining a body of expertise as a resource for the profession
- providing peer support
- continuing education
- facilitating a dialogue between the Royal College of Nursing and members for the purpose of consultation and working on pertinent child health issues of the day.
- To continue to actively maintain our community and its function
- To promote a high standard of care for Child and Adolescent Mental Health patients
- To raise the profile of Child and Adolescent Mental Health nursing
- Department of Health (2015) Future in Mind: Promoting,protecting and improving our children and young people’s mental health andwellbeing
- Public health England (2015) Measuring MentalWellbeing in Children and Young People
- NHS England (2014) Child and Adolescent MentalHealth Services (CAMHS) Tier 4 Report
- MindEd Free e-learning resource on children and young people’s mental health.
To get involved please contact the community lead, Gemma Trainor email@example.com.