The safeguarding children and young people community is a virtual network of individuals with an interest in this area of practice.
The purpose is to promote the care, mental and physical well being of adolescents by:
- maintaining a body of expertise as a resource for the profession
- providing peer support
- continuing education
- facilitating a dialogue between the RCN and members for the purpose of consultation and working on pertinent child health issues of the day.
- To continue to actively maintain our community and its function
- To promote a high standard of safeguarding for children and young people
- To raise the profile of safeguarding children and young people
- Rowland, A (2014) Living on a railway line. Turning the tide of child abuse and exploitation in the UK and overseas
- RCN (2014) Safeguarding children and young people - every nurse's responsibility
To get involved please contact the community lead, Suzanne Watts Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org.