Fertility Nursing Forum
Further RCN resources
- An RCN Education and Career Progression Framework for Fertility Nursing (2021)
- Impact Assessment of the Education and Career Progression Framework for Fertility Nursing (2021)
- RCN Multiple Births Midwife Standard (2021)
- Managing the Disposal of Pregnancy Remains: RCN guidance for nursing and midwifery practice
- Leaving No-One Behind. The role of the nursing profession in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals in the UK (2021)
- Fertility Preservation: RCN guidance for nursing staff (2021)
- Fertility care provision for the UK (2020). Read the updated position statement.
- Fertility care and emotional wellbeing (2020)
- Fertility preservation (RCN Bulletin, 2018). In this article, RCN member Val Peddie gives hope to young people with cancer whose ability to have children is threatened by treatment.
I have been a member of the Royal College of Nursing since 1981 – from being a student nurse until now; a career spanning 35 years. I joined the Fertility Nursing Forum because I wanted to become more actively involved with what is a national institution in the world of nursing and be a part of helping to shape the speciality of fertility nursing.
We aim to support and guide fertility nurses by means of publications advising on practice and education and act as a resource to this community via the college and website. Personally, I am pleased to be a part of this team enabling me to network and develop my own skills to improve my knowledge and in turn patient care.