Fertility Nursing Forum
- Leaving No-One Behind. The role of the nursing profession in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals in the UK (April 2021)
- Fertility Preservation: RCN guidance for nursing staff (January 2021). This publication provides information and guidance for nurses who are supporting and caring for those beginning treatment for potentially life-limiting diseases and those who may wish, for non-medical reasons, to defer having children until later in life.
- Fertility care provision for the UK (December 2020). Read the updated position statement.
- Fertility care and emotional wellbeing (March 2020). This guidance has been developed as a resource for all health care professionals in all areas of fertility care and acknowledges the differences between emotional support and wellbeing, implications counselling and therapeutic counselling. The HFEA has supported the publication of this title.
- Fertility preservation (RCN Bulletin, 2018). In this article, RCN member Val Peddie gives hope to young people with cancer whose ability to have children is threatened by treatment.
I have been a member of the Royal College of Nursing since 1981 – from being a student nurse until now; a career spanning 35 years. I joined the Fertility Nursing Forum because I wanted to become more actively involved with what is a national institution in the world of nursing and be a part of helping to shape the speciality of fertility nursing.
We aim to support and guide fertility nurses by means of publications advising on practice and education and act as a resource to this community via the college and website. Personally, I am pleased to be a part of this team enabling me to network and develop my own skills to improve my knowledge and in turn patient care.