Ophthalmic Nursing Forum
We welcome your views. Have your say on the latest consultations
- Health Education England. The Ophthalmic Common Clinical Competency Framework - Curriculum. This framework provides standards and guidance for the knowledge and skills required for non-medical eye healthcare professionals to deliver patient care
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists (2020) Restarting and Redesigning of Cataract Pathways in response to the COVID 19 pandemic
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists (2021) Cataract Services & Workforce Calculator Tool
Eye Workforce Competencies Documents
National Eye Care Recovery and Transformation Programme (NECRTP)
- Registered Eyecare Professionals – multi-professional skills to deliver new pathways of care
- Competencies and Qualification summary table
Stakeholders and useful links
The Cochrane Eyes and Vision (CEV) is an international network of individuals working to prepare, maintain and promote access to systematic reviews of interventions to treat or prevent eye diseases or visual impairment. CEV also undertake systematic reviews of the accuracy of diagnostic tests for common ocular diseases or conditions. CEV have been working on a formal priority setting exercise to identify reviews that they should consider undertaking in the future. They would like the views of nursing staff.
Eyes Right: older people and driving. Eyesight deteriorates gradually with age. This publication has been developed to assist nurses working with older people who present with eyesight issues. It includes details on eye health, visual impairment and ageing, highlights nurses’ responsibilities and signposts for further information.
Everyone's responsibility - New video on vision and falls by Liverpool University.
Royal College of Ophthalmologists. NOD Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) audit report.