The RCN's Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) module will help you to develop your clinical and leadership skills through a unique module of learning and its application into practice.
The prevention of infection is central to health and wellbeing and the increasing threat of antimicrobial resistance. In human health and care settings the rapid evolution of resistance, particularly to antibiotics will require nurses and other allied health professionals to adjust their clinical practice to reflect the evolving evidence base and models of service provision. This innovative module will prepare participants for current and future challenges to their roles that directly impact on the prevention or management of infection.
About the module
This module is open to anyone regardless of RCN membership status.
The module has been designed specifically to enable development of clinical and leadership skills in the prevention of infection. The module will suit those whose roles contain a focus on the prevention of infection working in the NHS, independent sector and social care organisations at Band 6 and 7 or equivalent. It has been developed to support:
- Trainee infection prevention and control nurses/practitioners in all care settings
- Surveillance nurses/practitioners
- Newly appointed directors of infection prevention and control with no IPC experience
- Infection prevention and control practitioners who would like to refresh their skills and knowledge
- Health protection practitioners
- Infection prevention leads in independent care settings, such as nursing homes or GP practices
- Nurses leading IPC components of NHS provider commissioning bodies
- Ward managers and matrons
The aim is to critically evaluate the knowledge and evidence underpinning infection control practice and implement local and regional practice change.
On this module you will
- learn how to lead a service improvement project in your workplace
- learn the most effective way to manage change in your place of work
- experience coaching as a supportive development tool and understand how to coach colleagues.
27 November 2018 - 31 May 2019
Using blended learning approach the module will commence with the first of three face-to-face teaching days to be held at RCN headquarters in London.
Taught delivery dates: 27 November 2018, 12 February 2019 and 7 May 2019
Cost: £1,250 + VAT*
VAT registered Charities who pay for employees to undertake this module will be able to claim back the VAT.
For more information please read the module outline.
*Price includes: programme materials, face to face tuition on 3 days, online educational resources, 6 coaching sessions, portfolio assessment.
For more information please read the module timetable.