Practice-based learning: Professional resources
The resources below provide information and guidance relating to professional expectations, career development, further education and the implementation of the NMC standards.
In addition, the RCN library provide a multitude of subject guides on a wide range of topics including Practice Based Learning.
Professional resources list
Nursing and Midwifery Council
- NMC Standards (2018)
- The NMC Code - professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses, midwives and nursing associates (2018)
- NMC. Supporting information on standards for student supervision and assessment
- Supporting Information on Indirect Supervision
- Simulated practice learning
Practice placement support
- RCN Student Money Guide (2018)
- HEE Reducing Pre-registration Attrition and Improving Retention (RePAIR)
Medicines management and prescribing
- RCN Career Resources (2019)
- Advanced Practice Standards (2018)
- Apprenticeship Standards - Skills for Health
A forum for RCN members who have an interest in education, including those working in clinical practice, education and training roles within service provider organisations as well as further and higher education.
Members can access an RCN Education Forum Facebook Group from this site. This is a closed discussion group where you can share and discuss issues that affect you and your field of practice.