The Looked After Children Community is a virtual network of individuals with an interest in this area of practice.
The purpose is to promote the care, physical and mental wellbeing of looked after children and young people by:
- Providing a recognised national voice for nurses working with children in care.
- Influencing and lobbying external organisations including links to the National Safeguarding Board at NHSE https://www.england.nhs.uk/ourwork/safeguarding/our-work/lac/
- Maintaining a body of expertise as a resource for the profession
- Providing peer support
- Continuing education
- Facilitating a dialogue between the Royal College of Nursing and members for the purpose of consultation and working on pertinent child health issues of the day.
- To continue to actively maintain our community and its function
- To promote a high standard of nursing care for looked after children
- To raise the profile of nursing looked after children
- Looked after children 2015 Knowledge, skills and competences of health care staff
- Promoting the Health and wellbeing of Looked After Children - Statutory guidance on the planning, commissioning and delivery of health services for Looked After Children
- Looked-after children and young people NICE guidelines
To get involved please contact the community lead, Karen Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org