Technical proficiency is still a key element in the framework. You will need to become increasingly versatile as digital tools develop and are introduced into the working environment. You are crucial to the success of any system.
Your feedback on the systems you use is valued and you are encouraged to problem solve. Your working needs are incorporated into system developments.
This domain involves you demonstrating:
- the confidence, ability and proficiency to use a wide range of digital devices in a personal and professional context. The confidence, ability and proficiency to use a wide range of software and applications for personal and professional use
- the ability to resolve technical difficulties and problems
- the ability to support others with resolving technical difficulties and problems
- the ability to demonstrate and champion ongoing commitment to the maintenance and development of technical proficiency.
(HEE digital literacy domain descriptors)
- I can use devices, applications and software for a range of nursing tasks e.g. decision assessment, capturing patient observations, decision support, incident reporting and risk management.
- I can provide feedback on the system(s) I use.
- I can monitor and correct my performance.
- I can maintain and troubleshoot the system(s) I use.
- I know when and how to obtain help with technology and applications.
- I keep up-to-date with system changes.