Following member feedback, the RCN is undertaking a programme of work on the education and the application of aseptic technique in practice across all care settings.
This work has to date:
- Built on RCN members feedback and requests to explore aseptic technique from a holistic perspective
- Worked with nurses to explore experiences of asepsis and aseptic technique in practice
- Used a Delphi methodology to explore definitions and language associated with asepsis and aseptic technique to begin the process of agreeing a common vocabulary to support nursing practice
- Explored how procurement decisions impact on aseptic technique in practice
- Linked current RCN activity on glove use to the aseptic technique programme
ESCMID Study Group for Nosocomial Infections – (ESGNI)
The RCN, as a member of EUNETIPS is supporting a study led by Prof Margreet Vos, Erasmus Medical Centre on sampling of the innate environment in hospitals and elsewhere.
The purpose of this survey is to produce a representative view of what is currently happening in Europe and the UK in order to provide advice on this.
Who has been asked to reply to the survey?
The views of RCN IPC Network members with formal roles in infection prevention and control are being sought as this group will already be involved in environmental monitoring or discussions in relation to this.
The survey closes on 1st October 2021.