Following member feedback, the RCN is undertaking a programme of work on the education and the application of aseptic technique in practice across all care settings.
This work has to date:
- Built on RCN members feedback and requests to explore aseptic technique from a holistic perspective
- Worked with nurses to explore experiences of asepsis and aseptic technique in practice
- Used a Delphi methodology to explore definitions and language associated with asepsis and aseptic technique to begin the process of agreeing a common vocabulary to support nursing practice
- Explored how procurement decisions impact on aseptic technique in practice
- Linked current RCN activity on glove use to the aseptic technique programme
Tell us your experiences of aseptic technique
One day symposium on aseptic technique, 11 April, 20 Cavendish Square, London
The event key objectives are:
- To present the outcomes of the RCN work to date including the Delphi study and member survey
- To use participant interaction and feedback to shape the next phase in the evolution of RCN work on aseptic technique
- To debate procurement and the value of glove inclusion in pre-prepared dressing packs
Booking for this event will be open soon.