- when there is a closure of business for which the employee was employed
- when there is a closure of a workplace where the employee was employed to work
- when the requirements for employees to carry out work of a particular kind have, or are expected to, cease or diminish
- shift pattern
- work location
- grade or job role
- numbers of roles, such as a reduction in senior staff
- other changes to your terms and conditions.
If changes to your contract are being made as part of a reorganisation, you can also read our guidance on contracts. If the only proposed change is to your shifts, please see our changes to your shifts advice guide.
It is important that you contact us for advice if you are notified of any redundancy or reorganisation proposals. Redundancy should be a last resort after all other options have been considered.