Pride in Nursing
Celebrating LGBTQ+ diversity across the RCN
The RCN is an inclusive organisation representing a hugely diverse workforce. #PrideInNursing is all about celebrating diversity, equality and inclusion in nursing and our commitment to support LGBTQ+ members and our wider membership to support their LGBTQ+ colleagues.
This year, we are supporting our members to celebrate #PrideInNursing. On this page you’ll find a range of resources, events and further reading to show your support for Pride and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning visibility.
Resources to download
Our downloadable resources give you everything you need to show your #PrideInNursing.
"Pride in Nursing" graphics for
"Pride in Nursing means..." graphics for
"I take Pride in Nursing by..." graphics for
Order yours for your workplace now whilst stocks last.
LGBTQ+ in RCN News and Magazines
- Five way to be a good LGBTQ+ ally
- Care for trans patients: what nursing staff need to know
- RCN Congress votes to support a ban on LGBTQ+ conversion therapy
- Conversations about gender identity
- It’s just a finger prick! The importance of HIV testing
- Fairer blood donation rules spell huge shift for LGBT+ equality
- Legal update: gender critical views and belief protection
- Loneliness in later life
- Living well with HIV
- Talking transgender identity
- Fair care for everyone
- Changing bodies and lives
- Marking History – Reducing rates of HIV
RCN LGBTQ+ events
20 Jul 2024
Newcastle upon Tyne
The Northumberland, Tyne and Wear branch will be attending Northern Pride in 2024. Keep an eye on this page for further information about signing up and getting involved.
21 Jul 2024
West Yorkshire branch will be attending Leeds Pride in 2024. Keep an eye on this page for further information about signing up and getting involved.
LGBTQ+ discussion and opinion
23 Jun 2023
RCN Diversity and Equalities Coordinator Bruno Daniel reflects on the importance of Pride month and the role of nursing staff in striving towards equality in their workplace and practice.
17 May 2022
RCN Diversity and Equalities Coordinator, Bruno Daniel reflects on the work still to do to make health care inclusive for all staff, patients and residents alike.
30 Mar 2022
My story as a cis gender trans ally and nurse.