Immigration Advice Service
The Government announced measures that will assist some medical staff currently residing in the UK under Tier 2 visas. The announcements covers the following:
- Tier 2 residents and additional hours in a second Job (if the second job is with the NHS)
- Booking appointments at the UK Visas and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS)
- Visa extensions. Visas that expire between 1st October 2020 and 31st March 2021 can now be extended for one year free of charge
For more information, please read the full government announcement: Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for UK visa applicants and temporary UK residents. If you're still concerned about your status in the UK, please contact the Immigration Advice Service.
What we can advise you on:
- Skilled Worker Visa (formally called the Tier 2 (General) visa)
- Tier 4 (Student Visa) and Tier 5 (Temporary Worker)
- Points based system dependants
- Changing or extending your current visa
- Applications based on marriage/civil partnership
- European Settled Status Scheme Applications
- British citizenship
- Human Rights Claims
- Refugee Settlement Applications
- Home office refusal on an application to remain in the UK
We do not provide advice and assistance with asylum applications. We can assist with finding accredited advisors who will be able to assist with asylum claims.
How to book an appointment
If you're an RCN member needing advice on immigration matters, contact the RCN on 0345 772 6100 and press option 2. (Lines are open 8:30am - 5pm on weekdays, and 9am - 4pm on weekends.)
We're also available via live chat or email.
Appeals and visa applications
Our solicitors will be able to assist with preparing and representation on immigration appeals.
Confidentiality is central to the service we offer. Any information concerning clients of the service, including whether or not they have contacted the service, will remain confidential to the service.
No information will be passed to any outside organisation or individual, or to other staff or members of the RCN, without the client's specific request or explicit permission to do so. For more information about our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998, please refer to the RCN’s Data Protection Officer at RCN HQ.
Our solicitors are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
You can also get help on a range of workplace issues.
We're here for you
If you're an RCN member needing advice on immigration matters, contact the RCN on 0345 772 6100 (open 8:30am-5pm on weekdays, and 9-4pm on weekends). We're also available via live chat or email.