Governments across the UK have been developing country specific guidance on pay, terms and conditions for staff covered by NHS terms and conditions of service. Links to this guidance can be found below.
RCN members who are not covered by NHS national terms and conditions of service, are advised to refer to their local policies and their contract of employment.
Guidance on health, safety and well-being can be accessed here. It includes sections on:
• staff well-being and support
• infection control
• mental well-being
• supporting the most vulnerable staff
The DHSC has published guidance on terms and conditions for NHS staff in England.
The DHSC has also published guidance on Partnership working and facilities time.
The Social Partnership Forum in England has published a statement on industrial relations during the COVID-19 pandemic. It outlines partnership principles and a general approach towards workforce issues, including standing down non-urgent work.
For country specific employment advice for NHS Staff, prepared by UK Governments and employers
- The Scottish Government has published guidance for NHS Scotland staff. Read the guidance for NHS Scotland staff.
- The HSC in Northern Ireland has published information for staff working in Health and Social Care (HSC) services. Read the FAQs for HSC staff.
- The Welsh Government has developed Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions for Managers and Staff. Access the Welsh government advice in the NHS Wales Staff Area: Coronavirus updates.